Website Beyond Beans Foundation
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementing partner of agricultural commodities trader ETG for sustainable cocoa programmes. These are developed with and for industrial chocolate makers.
In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in West Africa, cocoa suppliers and programme partners we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive for women’s economic justice, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based in the Netherlands with subsidiaries Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ecuador, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.
With our international and driven team of 250+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities, and healthy environments.
We are looking for a goal oriented Coordinator for Monitoring and Evaluation with advanced IT skills and strong leadership capabilities to strengthen the capacity of the M&E team in Côte d’Ivoire, which is primarily responsible for assuring the transparency of our supply chains.
Are you excited by leading teams and helping others to thrive? Do you have strong IT skills and solid experience in M&E? If so, read on.
To strengthen the capacity of the M&E team, which is primarily responsible for assuring the transparency of our supply chains, we are looking for a goal oriented M&E Lead with advanced IT skills and strong leadership capabilities. The role will be part of the Monitoring and Evaluation team and will work in close collaboration with the Standards & Assurance (S&A) team as well as the relevant programme pillars.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Develop an M&E plan to effectively meet the targets set by the Standards and Assurance Manager and Global M&E Manager
- Responsible for monitoring progress of M&E team against the timelines and deliverables outlined in the plan
- Lead & Guide the Team of M&E Specialists, by setting the right workplans & individuals targets
- Establish a culture of active collaboration across the various pillars in the Organisation
- Ensure that M&E systems in Côte d’Ivoire are aligned with M&E systems developed at HQ level.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks on delivering expected targets and independently solve moderately complex issues while escalating more complex one to the line manager
- Ensure that all client and donor KPIs are updated in centralised database ahead of reporting deadlines
- Conduct quality checks on datasets and transformations conducted by the M&E team
- Accountable for data analysis and control – at both Field & Local HQ Level
- Develop, manage and provide feedback to the team on their performance against their job descriptions and responsibilities
- Other M&E related duties might be assigned as relevant.
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over the Netherlands (Amstelveen) and West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, and Cameroon).
Qualities we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in digital data collection preferably in rural areas, with a minimum of 2 years in a Team Lead/Manager position.
- Experience managing complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Proven ability to work with large, complex datasets and extract meaningful insights that inform project mangement decisions
- Excellent communication with a proven ability to effectively line manage a large team
- Excellent analytical and technical skills (database management, GIS, Power Query)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage bigger projects
- Ability to function in a fast-paced working environment
- Fluent in French and English (mandatory)
- Fast learner, dynamic and team player
- Experience in sustainability cocoa sector is a plus
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Abidjan – Côte d’Ivoire.
Please fill in the below form.
To apply for this job please visit beyondbeans.org.