Website VOICE Network
The VOICE Network is a global association of NGOs and Trade Unions working on sustainability in cocoa. VOICE’s mission is to be a watchdog and catalyst for a reformed cocoa sector.
Our core activities are advocacy and research. We are a strongly member driven network, working in a very dynamic sector, leading the way in sustainable global value chains.
About the vacancy
The increased activities and growing membership of the VOICE Network have made it necessary to strengthen and professionalise out internal and external communications and partnerships.
With this new position, we are looking for someone who is eager to help build a coalition that is informed and excited about shaping the future of sustainable tropical agriculture.
Your tasks will include
• Ensuring there is a good flow of information within the network, including member care and internal communication.
• Supporting the Managing Director in coordination of planning and follow-up on actions that should be implemented by the different VOICE-members and the advocacy and that should be in line with the VOICE-strategy.
• Supporting the Managing Director in coordinating internal consultation processes on various topics relevant to the VOICE members and VOICE board. Collect feedback, input, suggestions, etc. and coordinate alignment to ensure an inclusive and balanced decision making process, together with Managing Director.
• Building relationships with all Voice members, as well as with key external partners throughout the world.
Your work environment
• You work in a fast-paced, international environment. The workflow is highly dynamic, which requires the ability to shift gears when opportunities appear.
• You will be working from home, with regular face to face meetings and virtual interactions with other VOICE staff the board and the members of the network. At times, you will be required to travel.
• Your working hours will depend on the assignment, but these will usually be during normal business hours.
Your skills and requirements
• You have a relevant bachelor’s degree or qualifications from job experience.
• You are interested in global trade justice and strongly motivated to challenge the current food system and to create positive impact for the income of cocoa farmers and the corporate responsibility of companies
• You have excellent communication and networking skills.
• You are pro-active in communication and eager to ask for feedback.
• You have good written and verbal language skills in both English and French. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
• You are able to work effectively in an international and multicultural environment, and are aware of and willing to combat the legacy of inequality and racism in the global economic system.
• Experience in the NGO sector is commendable.
• One year contract, based on part time. Hours to be negotiated.
• Salary: based on Oxfam Novib CAO
• Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands or Belgium, and/or willing to work on a freelance basis elsewhere in the EU.
About the process
• Applications close on midnight Sunday 5 February.
• Job interviews will be held online through teleconferencing on Monday 13 February (morning) and Friday 17 February (morning).
• Please send your applications including CV and motivation letter to Anneleen Vos, [email protected]