Website Solidaridad West Africa
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa.
The West Africa Regional Office headquartered in Accra is one among eight (8) Regional Expertise Centers (RECs) within Solidaridad’s Network organization. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains.
Our supply chain work in West Africa is focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, coffee, cashew, horticulture and other crops.
We focus among other things on stimulating sustainable supply chains through the introduction of innovations in good practices, market uptake for sustainable goods, farmers’/producers’ access to finance, sustainable natural resources management and institutional capacity development and enabling policy.
The West Africa Regional Office of Solidaridad currently has programmes and operations in Chad, Céte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Solidaridad West Africa seeks to recruit a highly qualified and self-motivated Country Representative to lead our operations in Ghana.
The position is responsible for strategic and programmatic leadership and oversight of Solidaridad’s operations in Ghana.
The role will entail programme direction, fund-raising, partnership development, strategy development, programme quality assurance, innovation and impact achievement, human resource management, financial stewardship, and general administrative oversight.
The position manages, directs and shapes the vision for implementing Solidaridad’s operations in the country. (This is a nationally recruited staff position)
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead the development of actionable annual plans guided by the Global/Regional Multi-Annual Strategic Plan (MASP), and direct the work of the organization with sound management and development practice,
- Identify and mobilize financial resources and leading the needed engagements towards new business and partnerships development, working closely with the Regional Director. Thus, the position would lead the development of concept notes and programme proposals for funding,
- Maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization while maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability.
- Oversee all communication and marketing of the organization in the country and promote cross-country learning and knowledge sharing,
- Ensure, track and report to the regional director on performance of programmes and projects within the context of the PM&E and learning agenda of the organization,
- Lead policy research, dialogue and influencing by maintaining sound relationship with research, advocacy and policy experts to make selected target supply chains efficient and effective. Also, to facilitate the convening of and participation in appropriate roundtables, conferences and multi-stakeholder platforms,
- Lead human resource development and management by ensuring a vibrant and efficient human capital through effective and appropriate HR policies and procedures,
- Any other official roles assigned by the Regional Director.
Required Qualification and Competencies
Academic and experience
- Advanced degree (at least Masters) in Programme Management, International Development, Policy & Planning or any related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in development with at least five (5) years proven track record in leading and managing institutions and/or development programmes
- Demonstrated an understanding of programme management, information management and policy analysis at national and international levels
- Proven management & leadership skills and demonstrated evidence of leading teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (French will be an added advantage)
- Proven financial management and analytical skills with high level of problem-solving skills
- Work experience in similar institutions (i.e. international organizations, consultancies, bilateral agencies etc.) would be an added advantage
- Proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented with need for less direction
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment,
- Team player with effective interpersonal and influencing skills and knows what to delegate.
How to Apply
All applicants are to send their application letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.